Opening Our Hearts - two beautiful forgiveness meditations further down...
The Heart Chakra is the energy centre that joins our lower chakras with our upper chakras. It is the seat of our soul, where we receive our guidance.
When the Heart Chakra is closed we are essentially closed to our true self. The chakra can be closed due to feeling hurt as the result of difficult experiences within relationships, whether they be romantic, friendship or family, and wanting to protect ourselves from being hurt again. What a lot of us do not realise, is that protecting our hearts in that way, shuts the heart completely, no longer allowing love in, and also, not allowing love out.
Many of my clients have found the holiday season has been bringing old stuff - patterns/programs etc to the surface. With all the festivities and family gatherings, the pressure to spend time with people we may ordinarily choose not to, and the societal pressure to take part, different aspects of past experiences, including some which we feel we have healed already, come to the surface to be released. Trust that if you are aware of these triggers, you are ready to let go, and step more into your power, and into your truest self. It is a beautiful opportunity to practice forgiveness toward those who have caused us hurt or pain. Remembering that forgiveness is not for the other person, it is for ourselves. Completely and totally for us, enabling us to release our hurts and open our hearts.
There are two ways I have found to be gentle and powerful to do this. The first is a wee meditation that can be done anywhere, although somewhere comfortable is preferred.
- Close your eyes, and bring your attention to your heart. Slow your breathing and connect with the crystal in the centre of the earth. Allow the earth’s love to travel to the earth’s surface, reaching the soles of your feet, before travelling up your legs, into your torso, coming to rest in your heart.
- Bring your awareness to the light of home/source, allowing that divine light to enter your body through the crown of your head, travelling down your body, and joining with the earth’s love in your heart. Allow this energy to continue down your body, through your hips, down your legs, out through the soles of your feet, sensing as it continues down, and joins with the crystal in the centre of the earth.
- Bring your awareness back to your heart, feeling the love from Mother Earth and the light of the divine, combining together and expanding in your heart centre, breathing gently.
- Allow yourself to be aware of the person you wish to forgive, bringing their energy in, and allowing them to sit, in your heart. Give them love, and know that you are capable of forgiving them.
- Say to them: I forgive you...I release you from the hurt/pain you caused me…I forgive you...I release you from the anger….I release you from the pain….I forgive you (If you are not quite ready to forgive today, you can use the phrase “I am willing to open myself to forgiving this person”)
- Open your heart to them.
- When you feel the process is complete for today, release them with love
- Repeat the process if there are others who you wish to forgive at this time.
- Now, place yourself in your heart. Feel the love and compassion you have for yourself. Say to yourself “I forgive you for any hurt I knowingly or unknowingly caused others, I forgive you for any anger I knowingly or unknowingly directed at others. I love you (use your name if you wish). I forgive you. I love you.
- Continue to feel the love and compassion you have for yourself, with the knowing that you did the best you knew how, with the knowledge and wisdom you held at that time. Forgive, and love.
- When you feel complete for today, bring your awareness back to your body, feeling your feet on the floor and your seat beneath you. Take a deep breath (or two) and open your eyes when you are ready.
Repeat this meditation as often as you feel guided to.
The willingness to also forgive ourselves is an important part of the process. The more we can practice forgiveness, the greater the healing of our hearts,and the more open and receptive we are to the guidance from our soul. We become more aligned with our true energy.
The second method I have utilised is that of Ho’oponopono. The most eloquent description I have come across is from The Soul Matrix - Steve Nobel on Facebook. He writes:
“This is a cleaning practice where we clean ourselves and erase from our consciousness whatever negativity is not working for us. We are expressing the intention that we no longer wish to suffer from a current or past problem. This practice is based on the premise that the only person we can change is ourselves.
The first step is repentance which includes being responsible for everything in your heart and mind. Your thoughts, judgements, choices and feelings around the situation. This step means saying sorry whether your ego accepts responsibility or not. The second step is to ask for forgiveness regardless of the situation. The third step is gratitude, thank yourself for being willing to engage in this process, thank the Universe for the healing. The final step is that of love. Saying I love you to your body, to your reality, to the Universe. This step is saying it and meaning it.”
- Start as above by sitting in a comfortable space, taking a couple of deep breaths, connecting with the energy of Mother Earth, and the energy of Source, allowing both energies to join together in your heart.
- Call in your team in spirit, your higher self, the beings of light, archangels and ascended masters to support the process
- Invoke diamond white violet fire also
- Hold the person you wish to reconcile with in your heart, calling their higher self to be with them in this process.
- Repeat in your own mind to them: I’m sorry, Please forgive me, Thank you, I Love you
- Surrender everything arising to diamond white violet fire, allowing this fire to cleanse your energy field, clearing all layers, levels, dimensions, and timelines, releasing what needs to be released, allowing more of your light to return. Feeling a greater connection to your true essence
- Coming back to the person: I’m sorry, Please forgive me, Thank you, I Love you
- Surrender everything arising to diamond white violet fire, cleansing your energy field, clearing all layers, levels, dimensions, and timelines, releasing what needs to be released, allowing more of your light to return. Feeling a greater connection to your true essence and to the universe
- Repeat these 2 steps until you feel the process is complete.
- Breathe deep, opening, surrendering and allowing, thanking this person, and their higher selves, thanking your team in spirit, and all beings and archangels supporting the process.
- Take another deep breath, bringing your awareness back to your body, feeling your feet on the floor and your seat beneath you.
- Open your eyes when you are ready
May you journey into 2020 with a full and open heart.
Many blessings x